Living Room Conversations is partnering again this year with civic organizations around the world for the global Speak! campaign, this Friday-Saturday. LRC recently teamed up with a dozen community conversation groups here in the United States led by The Aspen Institute’s Weave Project to co-create a conversation guide exploring our community’s social fabric. A new Living Room Conversation called Weave the Social Fabric resulted, and we’re excited to debut it Friday during the global Speak! event.
Please join us this Friday at 12pm ET / 9am PT for a virtual weaving conversation and also consider hosting this rich new conversation in your community. If you are able to host, please post your scheduled conversation on our National Conversation Project event page so we can amplify your efforts!
Questions explored include:
- Is it easy or hard for you to connect with others who were raised differently, or live and think differently than you? What have you seen getting in the way of that from happening?
- Are there people in your community you feel close to? What makes you feel close?
- Describe a time, if ever, when you saw your neighborhood come together to have fun or face a common challenge.
- What do you think could be done to help bring your community together?
- What connection, if any, do you see between what is happening in our nation and what is happening in our neighborhoods or communities?
Know someone who would enjoy this conversation? Forward this email to invite them! Want to help us promote on social media? Click the posts below to re-share on your profile.