Faith Community: The Way Forward
Transitional times in faith communities may be accompanied by divisiveness about which changes are most urgent, how to achieve them, and the roles and limitations of realizing them. Change offers concerns as well as new opportunity. This Living Room Conversation is created with the intention of gathering individuals from a variety of viewpoints to discuss their hopes and dreams, and to discuss what a common agenda for the future would look like.
Let's Get Started!
This Living Room Conversation flows through three rounds of questions and a closing. Some rounds ask you to answer each question. Others feature multiple questions that serve as conversation starters — you need only respond to the one or two you find most interesting.
Introductions: Getting Started/
Why Are We Here?
Round 1: Core Values
- What sense of purpose / mission / duty guides you in your life?
- What would your best friend say about who you are and what inspires you?
- What are your hopes and concerns for your community and/or the country?
What are your thoughts on Faith Community: The Way Forward?
- What is the promise of our faith community to its members? To the surrounding community?
- How are we living up to our promise to each other and to our faith promises?
- If you could change one thing about our faith community, what would it be? What experience brings you to this perspective?
- If you were creating a reconciling agenda for change to unite and energize our community, what would be on it?
Round 3: Reflection & Next Steps
- In one sentence, share what was most meaningful or valuable to you in the experience of this Living Room Conversation?
- What new understanding or common ground did you find within this topic?
- Has this conversation changed your perception of anyone in this group, including yourself?
- Name one important thing that was accomplished here.
- Is there a next step you would like to take based upon the conversation you just had?