Interested in using this conversation guide? Click here to register your conversation with us!
(Doing so helps us improve – thank you!)
It’s time to change the climate of our climate conversations by not huddling under our umbrellas with only those that think what we believe is true! Let’s be brave enough to curiously listen to a broad spectrum of views about the climate of our earth from fellow citizens. So, no matter how far nor how firmly you stand in your view of climate change, there is a space for you to individually facilitate a change in the climate of our Climate Conversations.
Let's Get Started!
This Living Room Conversation flows through three rounds of questions and a closing. Some rounds ask you to answer each question. Others feature multiple questions that serve as conversation starters — you need only respond to the one or two you find most interesting.
Introductions: Getting Started/
Why Are We Here?
Round 1: Core Values
- What sense of purpose / mission / duty guides you in your life?
- What would your best friend say about who you are and what inspires you?
- What are your hopes and concerns for your community and/or the country?
What are your thoughts on Climate Change?
- “Do you believe that climate change is a natural cycle of the earth, man-made or both?
- Are you concerned about climate change? Share your views.
- Are you frustrated by the amount of attention given to climate change? Share your views
- Have you made any changes to your lifestyle/energy consumption due to your views on climate change?
- Are you concerned about the quality of air, cleanliness of water sources or food sources?
- Do you feel that everything is fine as it is and there is no need to worry?”
Round 3: Reflection & Next Steps
- In one sentence, share what was most meaningful or valuable to you in the experience of this Living Room Conversation?
- What new understanding or common ground did you find within this topic?
- Has this conversation changed your perception of anyone in this group, including yourself?
- Name one important thing that was accomplished here.
- Is there a next step you would like to take based upon the conversation you just had?