Not seeing all the events you're expecting? Try clearing your cache.
- This event has passed.
(NC residents Only) Reconnecting Across Differences in North Carolina
August 14 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PDT
Reconnecting Across Differences in North Carolina
A Video Call-Based Living Room Conversation for North Carolina Residents on ReCONNECT NC Day!
August 14, 2019 @ 7:00 – 9pm ET
North Carolinians feel that disconnection from each other is the biggest issue facing our state, and they want to do something about it. This trend was discovered by NC State’s Institute for Emerging Issues, and ReCONNECT NC Civic Conversations is their initiative to address it through a series of conversations across difference around the state. These conversations are designed to invite North Carolinians from different backgrounds and perspectives to spend time together in real and rich conversation in which all listen first to understand.
This specific video-based “Reconnecting Across Differences in North Carolina” helps kick off Civic Conversations as part of the first ReCONNECT NC Day in collaboration with Living Room Conversations. Our mutual goal for these conversations is to build understanding and relationships and identify opportunities to bridge divides in North Carolina. We plan to explore these questions in our conversation:
- In what ways do you see North Carolina connected? How are we disconnected?
- How do you personally feel connected to your community?
- What could help bring people together to bridge divides across our state?
- What success connecting across differences have you seen or experienced?
- What core values do you think North Carolinians fundamentally agree on?
- What issue do you most wish we could solve together, even if it seems impossible?
- What actions can you personally take to reconnect North Carolina?
You will need a device with a webcam to participate (preferably a computer or tablet rather than a cell phone). A link to join the conversation and additional details will be sent to you no later than the day before the conversation.
If you need to cancel your registration, follow these steps:
1) Go to your “Order Confirmation” email from the day you signed up for this conversation.
2) Scroll to Order Summary, where you can click on “View and manage” your order online.
3) Once in Eventbrite, click on your ticket for the right date. Then click on “Cancel Order.”