Not seeing all the events you’re expecting? Try clearing your cache.
Have questions about joining a conversation? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
- This event has passed.
Fellowship and Friendships, the Rotary 4-Way-Test: 90 Min. Conversation w/ Optional 30 Min. Q&A with Hosts!
February 12 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm PST
7:00 PM EASTERN / 4:00 PM PACIFIC (adjust for your time zone)
In our current environment of miscommunication, misunderstanding and mistrust, what can we learn from the Rotary International principles and approach to fellowship and friendship leading to service above self? How can The Four-Way Test be a useful guide to better communication, understanding and trust with both strangers and friends? The Four-Way Test asks us to consider the following four questions about what we think, say or do: 1. Will it build goodwill and better friendships; 2. Will it be beneficial to all concerned; 3. Is it fair to all concerned; and 4. Is it the truth? We prefer to do business with people we like. What would it be like to approach people as friends when we are addressing challenges and solving conflicts?
HERE is the conversation guide. The questions explored include:
- When are you most comfortable in sharing your thoughts? In what venues or groups is this most likely to happen? When do you find it difficult?
- What circumstances encourage you to strive for mutually beneficial actions rather than “zero-sum” outcomes? What happens when you do that and what happens when you don’t?
- Where and how do you find friends and develop friendships? What do your friendships mean to you? What are friends for?
- When have encounters with strangers enriched your life? What happened?
- Since we don’t always agree on the right way forward, how do you know when your words are meeting the goals of benefit to all, fairness and truth?
Is there a fee to participate?
No, however, our work is made possible through the donations of generous supporters – who might include you! You can give when you scroll down to register for this event by selecting the “donation ticket” option.
How long do I have to register?
You have up until 4 hours before the event’s start time to register.
How can I invite others to participate?
At the bottom of your Confirmation email which you will receive right after you register, there are some resources you can use to invite others. In a nutshell, we suggest reaching out 1:1 to those who think differently from you and telling them why you think they would like this conversation and why you are registered.
What do I need to participate?
You will need a device with a webcam (preferably a computer or tablet rather than a cell phone) to participate and be seen by other participants. A Zoom link to join the conversation and a link to the conversation guide will be sent to you the day before and again one hour before the conversation.
For the conversation, bring the Conversation Guide along with an attitude of respect and curiosity!
What if I have questions or need to cancel?
If you have questions, you can contact email@example.com. Details about how to cancel online or via email will be in the confirmation email you will receive just after you register, or you can email Heather.