Not seeing all the events you're expecting? Try clearing your cache.
Communicating with Care: w/ Optional 30 Min. Host Q&A
December 3 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PST
Communicating with Care
December 3, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EASTERN / 9:00 am PACIFIC (adjust for your time zone)
We may want to communicate with others in such a way that we gain knowledge and bridge divides, but those conversations don’t always come naturally. Most of us struggle to self-evaluate our communication skills and we might be unaware of words and actions that shut down healthy dialogue when discussing divisive issues. In this conversation we will actively share and explore what works and what doesn’t, and we will reflect on ways that we can improve our interactions with others.
HERE is the conversation guide. The questions explored include:
- What concerns, if any, do you have about engaging in–what are typically considered–difficult conversations (i.e. race, politics, religion, etc.)?
- In your experience, what words or actions have you or others used that:
- made you feel heard and/or bridged a divide?
- made you feel dismissed and/or shut down communication?
- How much grace (or courteous goodwill) are you willing to extend in communicating with others?
Registration will close 4 hours before the conversation begins.
You will need a device with a webcam to participate (preferably a computer or tablet rather than a cell phone).
Please only sign up for a place in this conversation if you are 100% certain that you can join – and thank you – we have many folks waiting to have Living Room Conversations and hope to have 100% attendance.
A Zoom link to join the conversation and additional details will be sent to you the day before the conversation, and again one hour before the conversation.